Tuesday, February 9, 2010

A New Year.....

Well, can you tell that blogging has been my downfall of 2009! I guess it wouldn't be obvious or anything that I'm doing a New Year's blog half way through February! jeez! Ok-so Facebook has definitely taken my time from blogging-it's just so much easier isn't it? Well 2010, I am making a resolution to blog once a month-I think I can handle that! ;)
So 2010 has turned out to be a turning over of leaves so to speak for me. The last year has brought much pain with some really tough decisions in my personal life. After a 10 year relationship-almost 8 years of marriage, and two beautiful children, I made the decision to part ways with my husband Ryan. I am thankful to him for many things, for creating with me our two precious blessings Maryn and Kaden, for helping provide a wonderful home-in which I could stay home with them and be there for them 100%, -which allowed me the time and freedom to explore my passion for photography and grow my love into a business. He worked really hard at a stressful job to provide for our family and I am eternally grateful to him for those gifts. I feel that some people come together for a reason, some for a season, and some for a lifetime. We cannot control which of these are the terms of the contract for each relationship-that is a GOD thing. It is painful to realize that a relationship we thought would be for a lifetime and committed ourselves to, turns out to be for a reason or season. I have completed my spiritual contract with my husband, but we will always be bound together for a lifetime to share in the very important contract of co-parenting. It was my intention to spend the rest of my life with my children's father, but our spiritual contract has ended and I am leaving with my gifts that God has betrothed upon me, and I ask for his grace to fill my heart with all the wisdom I need to be a strong mother-it will be even more difficult to do by myself. It has been a long and painful process for me to come out of the fog, but I do believe the Holy Spirit has led me to this place of peace-where I can be me, be free and stand in her light with open arms to what my future has in store.

The following passage has spoken volumes to me and I would like to share it with you:

"People come into your life for a reason, a season or a

lifetime. When you know which one it is, you will know what to do for

that person.

When someone is in your life for a REASON, it is usually to meet a need

you have expressed. They have come to assist you through a difficulty,

to provide you with guidance and support, to aid you physically,

emotionally or spiritually. (or for you to offer the same FOR or to

THEM). They may seem like a godsend and they are.. They are there for

the reason you need them to be. Then,without any wrong doing on your

part or at an inconvenient time, this person will say or do something

to bring the relationship to an end. Sometimes they die. Sometimes they

walk away. Sometimes they act up and force you to take a stand. What we

must realize is that our need has been met, our desire fulfilled, their

work is done. The prayer you sent up has been answered and now it is

time to move on.

Some people come into your life for a SEASON, because your turn has

come to share, grow or learn. They bring you an experience of peace or

make you laugh. They may teach you something you have never done. They

usually give you an unbelievable amount of joy. Believe it, it is real.

But only for a season.

LIFETIME relationships teach you lifetime lessons, things you must

build upon in order to have a solid emotional foundation. Your job is

to accept the lesson, love the person and put what you have learned to

use in all other relationships and areas of your life. It is said that

love is blind but friendship is clairvoyant. Thank you for being a part

of my life, whether you weather it is for a reason, season, or a lifetime.

To thine own self be true


I want to thank my mom and dad for standing by me and helping me see my truth a little clearer, but never judging or leaving me alone with it. I want to thank my sweet GA girlies for their support and physical presence in my life-hugging me, calling me, texting me and letting me know they were there for me. My CA friends that even from afar have let me know they were there for me-and kept calling, and calling and calling-even when I never returned their calls-not mentioning any names (jamie, aimee, sarah!). My friends Virginia and Kara- who also knew my truth and helped me see it, stood by me and listened to the "ugly cry" many many times! I love you all. I owe a thank you to my angel lady Alison for bringing me more in touch with inner voice-and helping me believe that my angels love me and are with me every step of the way. I have welcomed many new friends into my life as well in the last month, which has been such a blessing during this difficult time. May my heart be open to new relationships and may I have the strength and wisdom to share my experiences with them and enrich their lives as well. Here's to a New Year and I pray that it hold many good things amongst the challenges that I am sure to face. I welcome the "turning over of leaves" and I know that God will be with me as He has been, through the pain.

I also want to extend my gratitude to all of my clients for sharing my artist vision, entrusting me to capture your families' memories and enabling me to make a living at what I believe I am called to do-I live my passion!


**And in closing-I want to let all my clients-old and new know that my winter sale is being extended-Book a session by February 15th for February, March or April and receive 2 FREE 8x10s-call or email me today-spring will be here soon, and so will my busy season with Family Sessions and High School Seniors...so act now! And pass it on to a friend-just mention winter sale coupon.


**I also want to let everyone know that I am accepting applications for my High School Senior Reps for the Class of 2011! You get lots of perks and it's easy! If you are, or know any High Schoolers that are currently a Junior, pass along this info-go to my website www.imagerybyrashell.com The application link is there with all the info-they need to be turned in or postmarked by February 28th.Check out some of my fabulous Seniors from the Class of 2010!


A Special Thank you to my friend and fellow photographer Sara Ippolito for taking the wonderful pictures that have my children and I in them together! I treasure them!










No comments: